More than three-quarters of a million programmers have benefited from this book in all of its editions
Written by Bjarne Stroustrup, the creator of C++, this is the world’s most trusted and widely read book on C++.
For this special hardcover edition, two new appendixes on locales and standard library exception safety (also available at www.research.att.com/~bs/) have been added. The result is complete, authoritative coverage of the C++ language, its standard library, and key design techniques. Based on the ANSI/ISO C++ standard, The C++ Programming Language provides current and comprehensive coverage of all C++ language features and standard library components.
- abstract classes as interfaces
- class hierarchies for object-oriented programming
- templates as the basis for type-safe generic software
- exceptions for regular error handling
- namespaces for modularity in large-scale software
- run-time type identification for loosely coupled systems
- the C subset of C++ for C compatibility and system-level work
- standard containers and algorithms
- standard strings, I/O streams, and numerics
- C compatibility, internationalization, and exception safety
Bjarne Stroustrup makes C++ even more accessible to those new to the language, while adding advanced information and techniques that even expert C++ programmers will find invaluable.