Do you want to develop iPhone apps but don’t know where to start? If you want to learn Swift programming from Scratch, this short book is for you. Learn Swift for iPhone iOS development, no programming development experience is required. Download your copy NOW!!
This book is about Swift programming. The following are the objectives of the author:
- To familiarize you with the basics of Swift programming language.
- To equip you with Swift programming skills, both beginner and advanced skills.
- To help you understand the difference between Swift and Objective-C.
- To help you appreciate the power of Swift as a programming language for the development of mobile applications.
Who this Book is for?
The author intends to benefit any of the following groups of people:
- Anybody who wants to learn basic Swift programming skills.
- Anybody who needs to advance their Swift programming skills.
- Anybody who needs to learn iOS app development for iOS 9 andabove.
- Professors, lecturers or tutors who are looking to find better ways to explain Swift programming to their students in the simplest and easiest way.
- Students and academicians, especially those focusing on Swift programming, computer science and software development.
The author expects you to have a computer installed with Mac OS X. If you don’t have a MacBook, you can consider creating a Mac OS X virtual machine on your computer.
What is inside the book?
- SWIFT BASICS
- SWIFT DATA TYPES
- SWIFT VARIABLES AND CONSTANTS
- SWIFT OPERATORS
- DECISION MAKING
- SWIFT LOOPS
- SWIFT FUNCTIONS
- SWIFT CLASSES
- SWIFT METHODS
- SWIFT ARRAYS
- SWIFT DICTIONARY
- SWIFT SETS
- SWIFT CLOSURES
From the back cover
The author begins by introducing the readers to the foundations of the Swift programming language. The aim is to help them the individuals who developed the language, how the Swift compiler works. The reader has been guided on what they require so as to program in Swift. The author has then discussed the basics of Swift including writing comments, writing and running the first Swift program, Swift syntax, etc. The various features provided by Swift have been discussed in depth, including data types, variables, constants, loops, decision making, functions, operators, object oriented programming features, etc. The author has organized the book into chapters, with each chapter having many sub-chapters. Swift codes have been added, alongside thorough explanations of the code and images showing the expected output upon the execution of every script. The author begins with the basics of Swift and ends by discussing the complex features provided by the programming language. A step-by-step approach has been employed in every chapter for ease of understanding.