R is a programming language and software environment for statistical analysis, graphics representation, and reporting. If you are trying to understand the R programming language as a beginner, this short book will give you enough understanding of almost all the concepts of the R language. The author will guide you through examples, how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis.Buy your copy Now!
This book is about R programming. The following are the objectives of the author:
- To familiarize you with the basics of R programming language.
- To help you understand the various fields where R can be applied and its use cases in each field.
- To equip you with R programming skills, both beginner and advanced skills.
- To introduce you to R programming for data analysis.
- To introduce you to R programming for machine learning.
- To help you understand and appreciate the power of R in statistical computing, data analysis, and scientific research.
Who this Book is for?
- Anybody who is a complete beginner to R Programming.
- Anybody in need of advancing their R Programming skills.
- Professionals in computer programming.
- Professors, lecturers or tutors who are looking to find better ways to explain R programming to their students in the simplest and easiest way.
- Students and academicians, especially those focusing on R, Data Analysis,Machine Learning , computer science, and Databases development.
The author expects you to have a computer installed with an operating system such as Linux, Windows or Mac OS X.
What is inside the book?
- R BASICS
- R DATA TYPES
- R VARIABLES AND CONSTANTS
- R OPERATORS
- DECISION MAKING IN R
- R LOOPS
- R FUNCTIONS
- R CLASSES AND OBJECTS
- R FOR DATA SCIENCE
- R FOR MACHINE LEARNING
From the Back Cover.
R programming language is one of the most popular languages used by statisticians, data analysts, researchers to retrieve, clean, analyze, visualize and present data. This is a comprehensive book on how to get started with R programming, why you should learn it and how you can learn it. Daniel Bell begins by introducing the readers to the foundations of the R programming language. The aim is to help you understand, how the R interpreter works, the origin of the name R, how to set up the R programming environment, etc. The author has discussed the process of installing R on Windows, Linux and Mac OS. Moreover, the author has explored the basics of R programming including writing comments, using the R console, creating R script files, etc. The various features provided by R have been discussed in depth, including data types, variables, loops, decision making, functions, operators, classes, and objects, etc. The author has also discussed R for data science and R for machine learning. The book has been organized into chapters, with each chapter having many sub-chapters. R code scripts have been provided, alongside thorough explanations of the code and images showing the expected output upon the execution of every script.