Leverage the power of the Visual Studio IDE to develop better and more efficient Python projects
About This Book
- Learn how you can take advantage of IDE for debugging and testing Python applications
- Enhance your efficiency in Django development with Visual Studio IntelliSense
- Venture into the depths of Python programming concepts, presented in a detailed and clear manner
Who This Book Is For
The book is intended for developers who are aiming to enhance their productivity in Python projects with automation tools that Visual Studio provides for the .Net community. Some basic knowledge of Python programming is essential.
What You Will Learn
- Gain valuable insights on how to use IntelliSense with Python
- Discover how to navigate code and objects with relative ease in REPL and code panel tools
- Configure a set up for Django development and library management
- Familiarize yourself with hosting a Django app on Azure
- Learn all about project handling and the debugging process with PTVS
- Understand about various project types in PTVS with basic examples
Python Tools for Visual Studio is a free and open source plugin for Visual Studio from Microsoft. It enables developers to use all the major productivity features of Visual Studio in their projects. The powerful integrated code navigation and code completion tools (IntelliSense) in PTVS empower developers to significantly speed up the coding process. PTVS provides a unique IDE for either Python or IronPython languages, taking advantage of the .NET framework in plain Python projects.
This book provides a detailed insight into Python tools in Visual studio to help Python developers implement a more productive and efficient workflow.
Starting with the installation and configuration of PTVS, you will be familiarized with the various tools and panels available. Throughout the book, you will learn about how to speed up coding sessions with handy tips on refactoring and debugging. Moving on towards IntelliSense and the project setup, you will also learn about how PTVS does project handling, and how you can use Python environments for your project.
You then round off things by delving into Django development and library management in Visual Studio to gain advanced knowledge on Django web development for web applications.