Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Transform Big Data into Insight
“In this book, some of Oracle’s best engineers and architects explain how you can make use of big data. They’ll tell you how you can integrate your existing Oracle solutions with big data systems, using each where appropriate and moving data between them as needed.” — Doug Cutting, co-creator of Apache Hadoop
Cowritten by members of Oracle’s big data team, Oracle Big Data Handbook provides complete coverage of Oracle’s comprehensive, integrated set of products for acquiring, organizing, analyzing, and leveraging unstructured data. The book discusses the strategies and technologies essential for a successful big data implementation, including Apache Hadoop, Oracle Big Data Appliance, Oracle Big Data Connectors, Oracle NoSQL Database, Oracle Endeca, Oracle Advanced Analytics, and Oracle’s open source R offerings. Best practices formigrating from legacy systems and integrating existing data warehousing and analytics solutions into an enterprise big data infrastructure are also included inthis Oracle Press guide.
- Understand the value of a comprehensive big data strategy
- Maximize the distributed processing power of the Apache Hadoop platform
- Discover the advantages of using Oracle Big Data Appliance as an engineered system for Hadoop andOracle NoSQL Database
- Configure, deploy, and monitor Hadoop and Oracle NoSQL Database using Oracle Big Data Appliance
- Integrate your existing data warehousing and analytics infrastructure into a big data architecture
- Share data among Hadoop and relational databases using Oracle Big Data Connectors
- Understand how Oracle NoSQL Database integrates into the Oracle Big Data architecture
- Deliver faster time to value using in-database analytics
- Analyze data with Oracle Advanced Analytics (Oracle R Enterprise and Oracle Data Mining), Oracle R Distribution, ROracle, and Oracle R Connector for Hadoop
- Analyze disparate data with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Plan and implement a big data governance strategy and develop an architecture and roadmap