Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The most comprehensive, current guide to networking
Build and administer high-performance networks of all sizes―from small home systems to enterprise internet works―using the practical information in this detailed resource. Thoroughly revised to cover the latest technologies, Networking: The Complete Reference, Third Edition offers concise explanations, start-to-finish deployment plans, real-world examples, and expert tips.
Find out how to select a networking protocol, connect devices, set up wireless LANs and WANs, configure Internet servers, virtualize your network, and migrate to the cloud. Cutting-edge backup, tuning, and security techniques are fully explained. Filled with proven solutions to a wide array of networking issues, this comprehensive guide is ideal for beginners and seasoned IT professionals alike.
- Design, configure, and administer wireless and wired networks
- Work with interface cards, hubs, routers, switches, and repeaters
- Understand Ethernet, Token Ring, TCP/IP, and IPX protocols
- Build wireless LANs using WiFi, IEEE 802.11, and Bluetooth technology
- Deploy server clusters, multiprocessors, and Fibre Channel connections
- Deliver Web, FTP, e-mail, and Active Directory services
- Implement a cloud-based network infrastructure
- Set up, configure, and manage virtual networks
- Handle troubleshooting and network security
- Connect Macintosh and Unix systems to Windows networks