Do you know the basics of computer networking? More specifically, do you have a passion for a career in networking? Perhaps, you just have that burning desire to understand what it all takes to keep a small home or office network up and running.
This book is all you need, whether you need to cut a path that will lead you to a promising career in the networking industry, or merely for the acquisition of networking skills.
This book covers the following topics in a simple, easy-to-follow teaching approach. You will learn:
- Networking Basics – This chapters considers the needs of a real beginner in computer networking and covers the following crucial topics: definition of computer networking, types of computer networks, network topologies, and network architecture.
- Network Hardware – A comprehensive discussion on different network components that include routers, hubs, network interfaces switches and computers (host machines).
- Network Cabling – This chapter discusses the different cabling standards include coaxial, fiber optic cable and twisted pair copper cable.
- Wireless Networking – Fundamental technicalities of wireless technology that is of great significance to the entire computer networking discipline. This chapter offers important information on how to enjoy the benefits of Wi-Fi technology, and how to set up and configure a computer for wireless connectivity.
- IP Addressing – This chapter pays great attention to basics of IP addressing, and the different number systems (binary, decimal and hexadecimal)
- IP Subnetting – Introduction to concepts of subnetting.
- Network Protocols – Various protocols of the TCP/IP suite.
- Internet Essentials – Different terminologies of regarding the Internet, worldwide web, and history of the Internet.
- Virtualization in cloud computing – Concept of virtualization and its relevance in computer networking; plus a brief examination of cloud services.
- Network Troubleshooting – As a top management function, troubleshooting is introduced in this chapter.
Computer Networking for Beginners is an easy-to-read book for anyone that’s hungry for computer networking knowledge. The language used is simple, and even the very technical terms that pop from time to time have been explained in a way that is easy to understand.
Reading this book does not only leave you wanting more, but also satisfies you to the extent of feeling confident of performing some of the essential networking tasks-as a beginner and learner looking forward to channeling their potential towards a stellar career in networking.
So, what are you waiting for? Scroll to the top of the page and grab a copy!