A practical guide on automated web testing with Selenium using Python
About This Book
- Write and automate tests for your applications with Selenium
- Explore the Selenium WebDriver API for easy implementations of small to complex operations on browsers and web applications
- Packed with easy and practical examples that get you started with Selenium WebDriver
Who This Book Is For
If you are a quality testing professional, or a software or web application developer looking to create automation test scripts for your web applications, with an interest in Python, then this is the perfect guide for you. Python developers who need to do Selenium testing need not learn Java, as they can directly use Selenium for testing with this book.
What You Will Learn
- Create Selenium WebDriver tests using the Python unittest module
- Use Selenium WebDriver for cross-browser testing
- Build reliable and robust tests using implicit and explicit waits
- Set up and use Selenium Grid for distributed run
- Test web applications on mobile platforms such as iOS and Android using Appium
- Utilize various methods provided by Selenium WebDriver to locate web elements and interact with them
- Capture screenshots and videos of the test execution
Selenium WebDriver is a popular automated testing tool for web applications. Python is one of the top programming languages and when used with Selenium it can automate and test web applications. Using Python’s unittest module, you can write test cases in Selenium. Over the years, Selenium has become a very powerful testing platform and many organizations are adopting Selenium WebDriver for creating automated user interface tests.
The book’s main aim is to cover the fundamentals related to Python Selenium testing. You will learn how the Selenium WebDriver Python API can be integrated with CI and Build tools to allow tests to be run while building applications. This book will guide you through using the Selenium WebDriver Python client library as well as other tools from the Selenium project. Towards the end of this book, you’ll get to grips with Selenium Grid, which is used for running tests in parallel using nodes for cross-browser testing. It will also give you a basic overview of the concepts, while helping you improve your practical testing skills with Python and Selenium.