Leverage the power of Selenium to build your own real-time test cases from scratch
About This Book
- Build automated scripts and develop Test Automation Frameworks using the Selenium WebDriver tool
- Automate tests to ensure error free, quality software
- A comprehensive guide with real-world examples and screenshots to automate browser testing using Selenium
Who This Book Is For
If you are a software developer with a basic knowledge of testing and are interested in automated testing using Selenium, this is the book for you. No prior knowledge of Selenium is required.
What You Will Learn
- Understand designing and implementing the automation framework
- Understand and implement AJAX in your web pages
- Set up Selenium WebDriver in both IntelliJ and Eclipse
- Build test suites in Selenium using PageObjects
- Get to know about WebElement handling with Selenium WebDriver
- Install Selenium WebDriver for mobile devices
- Understand and learn testing in Selenium Grid
Web technologies are becoming increasingly complex and there is often a need to test your web applications against a vast number of browsers and platforms, so you need to build highly reliable and maintainable test automation cases. Selenium is one of the most easy to implement and efficient solutions for this.
This book will guide you through designing and implementing the automation framework on Selenium to build advanced automated test cases. You will start with getting acquainted with the Selenium IDE, working with AJAX, and using different methods to locate elements in a web page. You will then move on to using PageObjects, making tests maintainable, using WebDriver with different browsers, and setting up Selenium Grid. You will also be introduced to advanced topics such as working with proxy servers, network intrusions, and more. By the end of the book, you will have the skills to efficiently test your web applications using Selenium. A well-detailed section has been dedicated to teaching you the object-oriented concepts with basics of core Java, which are the pre-requisites for Selenium automation.