Get an introduction into the Vala programming language and learn about its syntax, semantics, and idioms. Do you want to boost your productivity? Are you interested in a programming language that combines the efficiency of a scripting language with the performance of a compiled language? Did you always want to write GTK+ or GNOME programs, but hate C with a passion? Read this book and learn Vala!
Introducing Vala Programming starts from Hello World and goes up to graphical user interfaces using GTK+, covering DBus interprocess communication, network programming, Linux specifics, and more. You’ll learn how to leverage external libraries and enhance Vala by writing bindings to new libraries.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the Vala programming language and how to use it to boost your productivity
- Use Vala syntax and semantics
- Write object-oriented code with Vala
- Work with DBus
- Implement networking with Vala
- Integrate and use external libraries with bindings and libgusb
Who This Book Is For
People with basic programming experience in any imperative programming language.