Create and customize impressive Drupal 8 modules to extend your website’s functionalities
- Create and customize impressive Drupal 8 modules to extend your website’s functionalities
- Implement efficient data management and data security by creating dedicated modules
- Stay up to date with the changes introduced in the new Drupal 8 release
Drupal 8’s release cycle allows for new functionality to be introduced at a much faster pace. However, this also means code deprecations and changing architecture that you need to stay on top of. This new edition of Drupal 8 Module Development has been fully updated to reflect the new functionality introduced in Drupal versions up to and including 8.7.
By the end of the book, you’ll have learned how to develop your own custom module that can provide complex business solutions, and who knows, maybe you’ll even contribute it back to the Drupal community!
Foreword by Dries Buytaert, founder of Drupal.
What you will learn
- Develop custom Drupal 8 modules to provide solutions for complex business problems
- Master numerous Drupal 8 subsystems and APIs in the process
- Model, store, manipulate, and process data to serve your purposes
- Display data and content in a clean and secure way using the Drupal 8 theme system
- Test your business logic to prevent regressions
- Stay ahead of the curve and write code following the current best practices
Who this book is for
If you’re a Drupal developer who wants to learn how to write modules and develop with Drupal 8, this book is for you. You’ll also find this book useful if you’re a Drupal site builder or PHP developer who has basic object-oriented programming skills. Though not necessary, some Symfony experience will be helpful.
Table of Contents
- Developing for Drupal 8
- Creating Your First Module
- Logging and Mailing
- Menus and Menu Links
- Data Modeling and Storage
- Your Own Custom Entity and Plugin Types
- The Database API
- Custom Fields
- Access Control
- Internationalization and Languages
- Batches, Queues, and Cron
- Working with Files and Images
- Automated Testing
- Drupal 8 Security