The cloud can be regarded as services and software residing and operating on the Internet rather than on a local computer or on-premise network of servers. Cloud adoption is a strategy utilized by companies to enhance the scalability of Internet-based data base capabilities while minimizing risk and cost. To accomplish this, businesses implement cloud computing or utilize remote servers hosted on the internet to store, manage, and process data.
Without a centralized strategy for cloud adoption, companies are subject to “cloud sprawl”, leading to issues with security, compliance and increased costs. CIOs should focus on creating and executing a centralized cloud strategy and utilize it as the foundation for managing the use of cloud services across the business. A poorly implemented cloud strategy can increase cost and reduce agility, thus should involve IT operations and security team during the planning phase.
What You’ll Learn
- Leverage cloud computing practices to successfully build a cost-effective cloud environment.
- Select the most ideal cloud service model, and execute suitable cloud design strategies for your company.
- Manage changes in the cloud transition and digital transformation process.
- Implement cloud computing solutions efficiently and effectively.
- Use case patterns for cloud models and types.
- Best practices for adopting cloud computing.